Remix Therapeutics is a company focused on discovering modulators of RNA processing for undruggable disease drivers with the promise to bring new medicines to patients. We are developing a suite of proprietary platform technologies that transform our ability to design and develop therapeutics that can selectively modulate various steps of RNA processing biology. The company is financed by Atlas Venture, The Column Group, Foresight Capital, Arch Venture Partners, Casdin Capital, and Alexandria Venture Investments.
We seek a highly motivated, experienced Human Resources professional to join our team located in Cambridge, MA. As the Director/Senior Director of HR, this role will be responsible for the identification, design, and delivery of Remix’s strategic vision, leadership development, and value-added HR services that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The Director/Sr. Director of HR will develop and execute talent strategies including, but not limited to, talent acquisition and onboarding, benefits and total rewards, employee relations, performance management, change management, cultural engagement, and retention. This role reports directly to the CEO and is a member of the executive leadership team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a trusted advisor and coach in all areas of culture, talent management, rewards and change Utilize coaching skills to influence, guide and provide feedback to employees at all levels
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to build engagement and a strong culture
- Manage the full lifecycle recruiting process, including sourcing, candidate communications, initial screening and closing candidates at the offer stage
- Lead and coordinate the orientation and onboarding process of newly hired talent
- Create and administer the ongoing performance development process including company communications, manager coaching, performance calibration, promotion process and criteria and compensation planning
- Provide compensation guidance including job matching & benchmarking, job scoping and job descriptions
- Benchmark benefit programs and provide a competitive package for employees. Manage employee communications at Open Enrollment and negotiate rates with various vendors for the best value and utilization.
- Lead the development, implementation and administration of fair and consistent human resource policies and procedures
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field is required. Advanced degree (MBA) is preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of hands-on HR experience including experience in leadership development, recruiting, and employee relations
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM certification highly desirable
- Proven ability to skillfully partner with management and executive teams while advocating for employees’ needs
- Must be an influential, approachable self-starter who motivates and engages others
- Ability to coach individuals at all levels within the organization by developing a relationship based on trust and professionalism
- Ability to handle highly confidential information discreetly
- Deep knowledge of legal compliance within the HR realm to ensure compliance with local, state and federal statutes.
- Keep abreast of market and industry trends as well as legislative changes that may impact the organization and pro-actively communicate these changes to senior leadership.
- Ability to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment, making informed but quick decisions, driving results through hands-on implementation.
- Strong strategic skills, along with the ability and willingness to be hands on operationally
Remix values diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Remix will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Note to Third Party Staffing Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Remix Therapeutics is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.