Remix Therapeutics is a company focused on discovering modulators of RNA processing for undruggable disease drivers with the promise to bring new medicines to patients. We are developing a suite of proprietary platform technologies that transform our ability to design and develop therapeutics that can selectively modulate various steps of RNA processing biology. The company is financed by Atlas Venture, The Column Group, Foresight Capital, Arch Venture Partners, and Alexandria Venture Investments.
We seek a highly motivated, M.S. or Ph.D.-level cell biologist to join our team located in Cambridge, MA. As a team member of the Biomolecular Sciences and Lead Discovery group, this individual will be responsible for the design, development, execution, and analysis of various multiplex screening assays monitoring gene regulation. The ideal candidate will have strong experimental skills and publication record focused on molecular mechanisms of RNA processing and will report to an Associate Director. We are seeking an enthusiastic scientist who can work independently, and as part of a team, in a dynamic innovative startup environment. The individual will be expected to contribute to data generation, analysis, interpretation, visualization as well as communicating with a cross-functional team of scientists.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and conduct cell-based experiments for an RNA biology-based platform to monitor RNA processing events
- Develop and validate in vitro assays for both high and medium throughput screenings for target and hit discovery, as well as elucidating MOA for hits (emphasis on Nanostring platform; however, qPCR, luminescence, high-throughput genomic technologies will be implemented)
- Collaborate with bioinformatics group in design and interpretation of studies
- Demonstrate innovation in research/planning and experimental design
- Participate in project team meetings and platform development
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebooks
- Prioritize activities, manage internal resources while balancing multiple priorities under time and resource constraints
- Contribute to building the BSLD infrastructure and developing our innovative drug discovery platform
- Build and maintain productive relationships with colleagues in biomolecular sciences, biology and chemistry
- MS or PhD or equivalent in molecular and cell biology, or a related discipline with a demonstrated track record of scientific publications related to RNA processing
- For M.S.-level applicants, 5-7+ years of industry experience working in a small molecule-related drug discovery capacity.
- 1-3 years of postdoctoral or small molecule drug discovery experience
- In-depth knowledge of RNA biology related mechanisms (e.g., splicing, stability, turnover) and hands-on experience in designing, developing, performing, and analyzing in vitro and cell-based assays
- Experience with high-content multiplex assays, Nanostring, 384-well qPCR, NGS workflows, luciferase/GFP reporter systems is highly desirable
- Experience in cell culture and genetic perturbations (transient/stable expression, shRNA, siRNA, CRISPR) and drug-like compound treatments
- Experience with data generation and mining via genome/transcriptome-wide profiling (e.g., whole genome, RNAseq, CLIPseq and ChIPseq) is preferred
- Ability to manage timelines and resources to drive lead discovery campaigns and projects toward key decision criteria
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with ability to work independently in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to guide and mentor junior research associates
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, and careful record-keeping
Remix values diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Remix will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Note to Third Party Staffing Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Remix Therapeutics is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.