Senior Research Associate I/II, Discovery Biology and Translational Sciences
Remix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company developing small molecule therapies focused on the emerging field of modulating RNA processing. Founded in 2019, Remix is building a highly collaborative team of experienced researchers to discover and develop life-changing therapies in areas of unmet medical need. The company is financed by Atlas Venture, The Column Group, Foresight Capital, Arch Venture Partners, and Alexandria Venture Investments.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform experiments using Biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology techniques including cell culture, RNA and DNA extraction/analysis, qPCR, immunoblotting, and quantitative plate-based assays
- Execute gene over-expression and under-expression studies to support target validation and characterization efforts (cDNA overexpression, RNAi, CRISPR, etc.)
- Perform cell-based assays utilizing mammalian cell culture models and neuronal systems including neuroblastoma cells, primary neurons, and iPSC derived neurons
- Support characterization of lead compounds in disease-relevant assays
- Effectively collaborate with a fully integrated team to facilitate the success of projects.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in laboratory notebooks
- BS or MS in cell/molecular biology, Biochemistry, or related discipline
- 5 years of relevant industry or academic experience
- Strong experience in tissue culture techniques
- Familiarity with a broad range of RNA and protein analysis techniques: immunoblotting, ELISA, RT-PCR, etc.
- Experience with gene modulation techniques in cell-based studies (RNAi, CRISPR, cDNA overexpression, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in designing, developing, performing, and analyzing in vitro and cell-based assays.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Authorized to legally work in the US